Giro Helios Spherical Helmet
ADVANCED PERFORMANCE FOR THE ADVENTUROUS
The heart of the Helios's extraordinary design and performance is Spherical Technology, which utilizes a ball-and-socket design powered by MIPS®, the market-leading brain protection system that can help to reduce rotational forces. Spherical Technology allows the helmet's outer liner to rotate around the inner liner during a crash, and also allows Progressive Layering of the inner and outer liners to provide more comprehensive protection and performance. In addition to advanced head protection, the Helios's 15 Wind Tunnel vents provide exceptional cooling power that's enhanced by our patented Roc Loc 5 Air fit system and plush, antimicrobial XT2 padding for exceptional sweat absorption. It's the ideal match for your road and gravel adventures.
- Mips Spherical: Essentially an invisible low-friction layer sandwiched within two layers of EPS Foam, the result is a reduction of rotational forces and the elimination of the plastic slip plane of the original MIPS Design. Redirects Impact energy by allowing the helmet's exterior liner to rotate independently of the interior liner in an angled Impact.
- Construction: Independent, In-Mold Liners with Spherical Ball-And-Socket Design, Polycarbonate Shell, Hardbody Lower Shell
- Shell Type: Polycarbonate Shell
- Sport: Cycling
- Interior/Liner Type: Spherical Technology, powered by MIPS®
- Number of Vents: 15
- Gender: Unisex
- Fit System: Roc Loc 5 Air
- Impact Liner Type: Two EPS Foam Liners with Progressive Layering
- Ventilation Type: 15 Wind Tunnel Vents with Internal Channeling
- Production Weight: 270g (Size: Medium CPSC)
- Certification: Complies with the US CPSC Safety Standard for Bicycle Helmet for Persons Age 5 and Older