Merida Reacto 4000 2020
Our test and award-winning aero bike – the REACTO – completely redesigned for 2018 and one of the leading bikes in its class. Our REACTO is not just one of the main bikes of the Team BAHRAIN McLAREN, but it is also highly praised by the press for being ‘astonishingly comfortable’ (Design & Innovation Award 2018), for being ‘fast and responsive’ and being ‘an absolute peach’ (Road CC). The difference in aerodynamic efficiency between caliper and disc is less than one watt, with all that speed on tap, disc brakes make real sense for high speed descending.
- Reacto CF2 Frame: Carbon CF2 frame with more relaxed geometry than the CF4 (caliper version approx. 1150 g – 54 / disc version approx. 1150 g – M/L). ‘NACA Fastback’ profile tubes for efficient aerodynamics. Tapered head tube for confidence inspiring handling and BB386 bottom bracket for efficient power transfer. Caliper version runs quick release hubs, Disc version has 12 mm bolt through axles with disc cooler technology.
- Bolt Through Axles: All performance DISC road bikes feature 12 mm bolt through axles for greater wheel stiffness and precise disc alignment when replacing wheels. CF4 models use the R.A.T system, super fast to open and close.
- Precise Steering: All REACTO models feature a full carbon fork with a tapered steerer to give precise, confidence inspiring handling. Aluminium and CF2 carbon models feature a ‘regular’ 1 1/8" to 1 1/2" taper. The high end CF4 frame has a slimmed down front profile and uses a 1 1/8" to 1 1/4" taper.
- Braking Options: The REACTO is available in both caliper and disc brake options. We use direct mount caliper and flat mount disc brake standards (with our disc cooler front and rear) for the best braking performance. A flat mount rear caliper is mounted on the chainstay which is better for dissipating braking forces but also keeps it protected inside the rear triangle.
- Disc Cooling Technology: A forged aluminium part under the front and rear disc brake caliper draws heat away through CNC-milled cooling fins, giving 35% less heat build up and faster temperature reduction for a stable braking performance.
- Integrated Cockpit: Our high-performance carbon models with the CF4 frame feature a completely integrated Vision Metron 6D cockpit designed by MERIDA, to improve aero-dynamics and hide the Di2 junction box. The integration also provides a very clean, organic and modern appearance.
- Streamlined Comfort: Comfort has always been a key feature of the REACTO. Many aero bikes suffer from a harsh ride due to the larger tube sections and seat posts. Not so on the REACTO, where our profiled seat post behaves like a conventional seat post providing a great level of comfort amongst other aero bikes.
|Frame||Reacto CF2, material: carbon, 700C wheelsize, 100x9/ 130x9mm axle standard, BB386-PF30 bottom bracket standard|
|Fork||Merida Reacto CF2|
|Headset||Merida Reacto neck|
|Hubs||Front: Road Seal Bearing, 100x9mm width front hub, 24 spoke holes Rear: Road Seal Bearing, 130x9mm width rear hub, 28 spoke holes|
|Tires||Continental Ultra Sport II, 700x25C, Fold|
|Derailleurs||Front: Shimano 105
Rear: Shimano 105, GS
|Freewheel||Shimano CS-R7000, 11-30 teeth, 11 speed|
|Chainwheel||Shimano 105, 52-36 teeth, 165 mm-XXS, 170 mm-XS/S, 172.5 mm-SM/ML, 175 mm-L/XL|
|Brake Lever||Shimano 105|
|Handlebar||Merida Expert CW material: aluminium|
|Stem||Merida Expert CW; material: aluminium, 31.8mm diameter, -8° stem angle, 80 mm-XXS/XS, 90 mm-S, 100 mm-SM/ML/L, 110 mm-XL|
|Spokes||Double Butted Black stainless|
|Seat Post||Merida Expert CW, material: carbon, Aero shape, 15mm setback|
|Saddle||Merida Expert CC|
|Sizes||S, S/M, M/L, L, XL|
|Color||Glossy Black/Matt Black(Dark Silver)|
|FRAME SIZE CM||50||52||54||56|
|ST SEAT TUBE [MM]||500||520||540||560|
|TT TOP TUBE [MM]||535||545||560||575|
|CS CHAIN STAY LENGTH [MM]||408||408||408||408|
|HTA HEAD TUBE ANGLE [°]||71||72.5||73||73|
|STA SEAT TUBE ANGLE [°]||74||74||73.5||73|
|BD BOTTOM BRACKED DROP [MM]||70||66||66||66|
|HT HEAD TUBE [MM]||142||162||177||197|
|FL FORK LENGTH [MM]||368||368||368||368|
|R REACH [MM]||381||385||390||394|
|S STACK [MM]||539||558||575||593|
|WB WHEEL BASE [MM]||991||990||995||1005|
|SH STAND OVER HEIGHT [MM]||759||782||802||821|
|BODY HEIGHT CM||163 - 172||168 - 177||173 - 182||178 - 187|